Technical Sales Representative
LOCK is active in the market for natural ventilation and screening in greenhouses and cattle barns. The company is the market leader in the greenhouse industry in the US and in German-speaking countries. LOCK has also branched into many other sectors and has a loyal client base using its products to solve their lifting and tilting requirements.
To reinforce our motivated and powerful team in Charlotte, NC, we are looking for a technical sales representative with the following qualifications:
- Promote and sell Lock products in the territory (USA and Canada).
- Develop new and maintain existing B2B customers and network with B2C clients for the purpose of Lock products being specified and to exchange information on projects, “Top 100 Growers” other industry suppliers etc.
- Address different levels (Engineering, Tech staff, Buyers, Sales etc.) within these B2B and B2C clients.
- Establish yearly sales budgets on a timely basis and in consultation with your supervisors.
- Identify opportunities to increase revenue and profit by developing new customers and by increasing sales to existing ones.
- Prepare quotations for standard and non-standard products - stay on top of quotes and report on success rate.
- Make technical presentations to individuals or groups on LOCK products where opportunities present themselves.
- Provide technical support to OEM and distributors in the territory.
- Provide application solutions and share technical product knowledge with clients and prospects alike.
- Generate weekly sales reports and use the existing CRM system to keep on top of clients, quotes, subjects talked about during past visits, products shipped etc.
- 5 years of experience and an excellent understanding of technical products sold B2B.
- Ability to build up long term productive relationships with existing and potential greenhouse manufacturers and their distributors and/or clients within the agricultural business.
- Successful and hands-on experience with sales of technical products preferably to clients that require Lock products.
- Experience with the development of sales budgets and forecasts.
- Ability to respond to client needs as required by providing workable and practical solutions exceeding client expectations.
- Experience in working with and managing varied sales channels including, OEM’s, Distributors and Project and Design firms active in the agricultural industry.
- Ability to present Lock Drives for what they are – quality products at a premium price meeting and exceeding client expectations.
- Ability to get Lock Drives specified in projects designed by industry experts.
- Sufficient technical understanding to train clients on the use of Lock products.
- Prepare and run trade shows in the USA and Canada, including setup and teardown.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Discipline to report weekly as per company guidelines.
- Experience with customer relationship management tools.
- Committed to travel 50% of the time in North America (US / Canada) and Germany.
- AS, BS or BA degree (BS Degree - Mechanical/Electrical Engineering preferred)
- A track record displaying loyalty and integrity.
- Good technical skills.
- Entrepreneurial interests.
- Team player with intercultural openness.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good judgment, common sense and problem solving skills