Work at a European automotive Tier 1 supplier with over 12,000 employees worldwide at their location in South Carolina. With multiple new launches on underway, they are looking for seasoned Quality Engineers to join their team.
Reports To: Engineering Manager
- Ensures Production Processes meet/exceed budgeted performance targets and customer expectations for quality.
- Responsible for new/altered equipment reviews, creating new LOTO (lock out / tag out) procedures, modifying LOTO procedures due to equipment alterations or process changes and annual review of all LOTO to ensure compliance.
- Ensure the successful launch of all New Product Launches.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, and modify production processes, products and equipment for cost effective and efficient operations (including time/motion studies, process flow, SMED, New Layout, etc.) and to ensure customer specifications are met.
- Analyze process capability and production processes to identify Continuous Improvement opportunities.
- Ensure facility meets safety and environmental regulations.
- Ensure facility safety guidelines are implemented and safe work practices are followed.
- Ensure compliance with all related TS-16949 (IATF) and ISO 14001 policies and procedures.
- Ensure Lean principles are followed (including 5S standards).
- Assist with establishing and maintaining documentation.
- Manage major capital projects to bring them in on time and on budget. Lead and finalize equipment layouts, manufacturing processes, and detailed estimates in preparation for submitting capital requests. Assist during commissioning all equipment
- Assist Maintenance Manager with directing the work of outside contractors on capital projects.
- Assist Program Manager with new and existing programs as needed including quoting, design, procurement, engineering changes, tool design, and production implementation.
- Assist in establishing priorities and sequences for manufacturing products to ensure cost effectiveness and efficiency.
- Assist in revising and developing standard operational work practices.
- Assist Manufacturing Manager and staff (based on daily presence on the shop floor) in selecting, prioritizing, and implementing actions to improve plant performance.
- Monitor equipment to maintain specific operational performance and optimum utilization.
- Assist in establishing equipment PM standards.
- Provide guidance in procurement of spare parts and/or new equipment upgrades.
- Facilitate effective utilization of root cause analysis methodology which includes, but is not limited to, Six Sigma tools, daily meetings, data collection, fish bone diagrams, 5-whys, brainstorming exercises, etc.
- Assist in developing Standard Work, FMEA, Control Plans, WI’s, and Quality documents.
- Assist Controller with bill of material review and accuracy.
- Responsible to review RFQ’s, ensuring they meet our manufacturing guidelines and are returned in a timely manner.
- Directly responsible for development of technical skills (TPM) with new and altered equipment/process(es)and the development and updating of the work teams.
- Assist with tooling modifications (in house and external).
- Assist in Production Part Approval Process (PPAP’s) and any quality issues.
- Responsible to oversee the manufacturing of all pre-production samples for all new product launches.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education / Experience:
- 4 year technical degree, preferably in mechanical or electrical engineering
- 2-5 years process engineering background in a manufacturing environment
- Strong robotic controls programming a plus (Fanuc Robot Water Jet)
- Experience with robotics troubleshooting and programming (Motoman, Fanuc, ABB)
- Experience with Allen Bradley and Siemens controls equipment a plus
- Lean Manufacturing experience required
- Six Sigma preferred
- Demonstrated ability in technical problem solving related to manufacturing processes