World renowned manufacturer of architectural lighting solutions.
Position Description: Work with the VP of Engineering in the design and development of new luminaires.
Education and Experience:
- Successful completion of a BS degree in Engineering.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in product design and development in the Lighting Industry.
- Supervisorial/Leadership experience, minimum of 5 years.
- 3+ years of Solidworks experience
- Understanding of all applicable UL standards
- Familiarity with sheet metal fabrication, die-casting, extrusions and compression molding
- Experience with controls used in the lighting industry - DMX, DALI, Zigbee, ect…
Roles and Responsibilities
- Design and develop new luminaires
- Create 3D assemble drawings of new luminaire designs
- Creates 2D drawings of new component parts, working with purchasing to source and define those components
- Ensure project completion from initial concept through final production
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated, self-directed and able to work in a fast paced environment
- Simultaneously support multiple projects in various phases of development
- Strong communication and organizational skills – ability to forge relationships with other departments and align on the best decision
- Excellent root cause analysis skills
- Great location
- Strong work/life balance
- Strong compensation package including numerous perks.
- Remarkable work environment.