Work at a Tier 1 automotive supplier south of Spartanburg, SC.
Supervises the Coordinated Measuring Machine (CMM) lab processes and team in an automotive manufacturing environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervises trains, evaluates, monitors, and positively motivates all CMM lab personnel;
- Will work closely with manufacturing, engineers and our customer base assisting in new product launches;
- Performs other assigned duties as deemed necessary or appropriate.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Related Associates or Bachelors degree, but will consider equivalent experience;
- Experience with implementing new program layouts, utilizing APQP, PPAP submissions and control plans;
- Experience with Mitutoyo GeoMeasure Software is a plus;
- Six Sigma certification preferred;
- Should have a minimum of 5 years Quality experience and a minimum of 3 years working in a Quality Measuring machine Lab environment with 5 years experience supervising people.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of calipers, micrometers, and indicators;
- Must have the ability to read blueprints and knowledge of GD&T;
- Must have the ability to program and run a Coordinated Measurement Machine (CMM);
- Needs to be a Strong Team Player, with exceptional Organizational and Problem Solving Skills (8D);
- Excellent computer efficiency, positive motivating people skills and excellent written and verbal communication ability.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to handle, manipulate, or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, talk and hear
- Employee must occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences
- The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so other will understand 8. The ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.