Work within a design team to effectively drive new product developments with a focus on sustainability, and efficiency.
About the Company:
This is a well-established, privately held, financially secure company that sells lighting fixtures into commercial and residential channels. They strive to provide the highest quality, most innovative LED lighting solutions.
This is a high energy, cutting-edge company with a highly professional attitude. Employees are team players and have good job tenure, as well as ample opportunity to grow within the company.
- Use creativity to design new quality products utilizing cutting edge technologies, while managing the development process to meet market needs.
- Develop new product proposals including design sketches, design engineering, line drawings, and new technology recommendations.
- Present product designs and specifications including lamping, style, finishes, and technology for presentation to sales and senior management.
- Drive new product development projects through manufacturing phase by remote management of China factory engineers.
- Manage preliminary design review between the product department (in NY) and manufacturing facility (China). Handle product sample reviews, prototype tooling release, preliminary process / manufacturing review, and pilot run definition.
- Measure ongoing success of each assigned product line developed.
- Work with the Marketing team to drive new products in target market.
- Handle photo metrics download & Application PDFs.
- Coordinate product, photometric and heat testing on assigned products. Manage UL Testing and design modification. Coordinate order of UL samples, and verifies and approves tooling
- Validate installation instructions by mock installation of products.
- Work with the Product Development team to set preliminary schedules for production including pilot run, product and finish review, label production, and initial order quantities (IOQ)
- Work with the Marketing team to create market strategy and market positioning statement
- Bachelor’s Degree Engineering.
- Lighting industry experience.
- Superior organization and project management skills are a must.
- Minimum of 5-7 years product development experience.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop and facilitate solid presentations to Executive level decision makers.
- Strong knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Cad via Solid Works or Professional Engineer.
- Great company culture.
- Very entrepreneurial
- This is a full-time position with a strong benefits package.
- Company will relocate.
- Opportunity to grow in your career. Company supports career development.