Location: California. Bay Area preferred. Open to Los Angeles.
Our client is currently looking for a driven sales leader who appreciates high-end, European-style lighting to oversee the western territory of the US.
About the Company:
This award winning, international company has established itself as a global leader with decades of experience in combining technical precision and creativity in designing and delivering time-honored lighting fixtures. Having a very clear creative vision and a strong attention to detail and innovation has led this forward thinking, lighting design company to produce first-class products which are appreciated around the world.
About the Position:
- Lead a team of independent sales representatives and dealers in the different territories, offering product training, technical knowledge, and transmission of brand values.
- Manage the entire sales cycle including showrooms and distribution.
- Maintain and expand the customer base by calling on distributors, dealers as well as hotel owners and operators in the territory.
- Build relationships with key product specifiers in the territories by contacting and calling on architects, interior designers, lighting designers in the above mentioned territories plus those where there is no sales rep or dealer.
- Territory - CA, UT, NV, CO, NM, AZ, HI, WA, OR, MT, ID, WY, ND, SD.
- Ability to travel 40-60 % of the time, mentoring reps and managing markets directly.
- Must have experience as a regional or specification sales rep calling on the architectural, interior and lighting designers community and be based in California.
- Demonstrated sales success working with the A&D community, showroom experience welcome.
- Experienced in promoting and selling products through quality, design, and emotional value rather than focusing on price.
- High quality, high-end decorative lighting or furniture products experience needed.
About the Right Person for the job:
- A highly motivated, self-policing, pro-active, goal-oriented professional
- Ability to work collaboratively and supportively as a team member
- Knowledge of products, processes, technology and electrical and construction conditions.
- Adequate knowledge of competitors, competitive products and specifier-agent-distributor-contractor chain.
- Business savvy with polish and poise in social settings and presentations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, user skills about Microsoft CRM software will be a plus.
- Written and verbal communication skills essential