We are seeking an experienced Hardware Engineer. This position is based in Austin, TX. Company is open to relocation.
You will work in a startup environment developing different smart connected products for the commercial and high-end residential markets.
- Drive IoT product development from initial design and bring up to mass production
- Create low-cost and robust schematics for our connected systems using ZigBee/Mesh, Bluetooth, proprietary or Wi-Fi protocols.
- Create and maintain automated test systems and plans.
- Work with firmware engineers to develop, test and troubleshoot prototype designs
- Work with factory to bring products into MP stage
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or equivalent. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in Embedded Hardware design.
- Experience developing cost-sensitive, high-volume consumer electronic products
- Experience working with offshore manufacturing partners
- Proficient with hardware design and layout tools such as OrCAD Capture, PADS PCB, Allegro PCB or Altium Designer
- Experience with 32 bit ARM microcontrollers and in-circuit debugging.
- Strong technical skills including schematic design, high speed signal propagation, power delivery, Ethernet, USB, thermal analysis, ESD, EMI …
- Strong knowledge of various networking and hardware communication protocols such as SPI, UART, I2C, JTAG
- Hardware prototyping and debugging experience with use of debuggers, logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, and serial protocol analyzers.
- Ability to write low level test software for HW validation highly desired
- Software code management tools such as GIT, Mercurial, etc.
- (RF) DFx (Design for cost, test, manufacturing) experience
- Design for FCC and UL/ETL type approvals
- Desire to work in a fast paced startup environment.
- Excellent technical documentation, writing, and verbal communication skills.
- Process-oriented and creative problem solver.
- Excellent English speaking and writing skills. Mandarin is a plus.
- International and domestic travel as necessary.
Preferred skills ( or what you’ll learn on the job )
- Analog hardware design and understanding of RF and antenna basics
- Experience with Wireless protocols including ZigBee/Mesh, Bluetooth, proprietary and Wi-Fi.
- Solid programming experience in C/C++, Assembly and Linux kernel and drivers.
- Experience interfacing embedded devices with cloud (AWS) environments
- Experience working with embedded Linux and RTOS systems.
- Experience with Home Automation product development
- Automated testing experience with embedded C firmware.
- Experience working with third party developers
About the Company:
- Established company with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Strong history of helping employees develop and grow their careers.
- Industry technology leader.
- Products are used for hospitality, commercial and retail applications.
- Socially responsible company.
- Responsible manufacturing practices.
- Cutting edge energy saving technology.
- Position offers a strong base + bonus + good benefits package.