Our client, a Tier 1 automotive supplier south of Spartanburg, SC is looking for an experienced Assistant Controller with relevant experience in the automotive manufacturing environment.
Relocation and excellent benefits.
Actively applies accounting expertise in the support of functional department needs, financial accounting requirements, and performance reporting.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with accounting team to prepare monthly financial package, including accruals calculations, general ledger and sub-ledger reconciliations, and variance bridge analysis.
- Monthly prepare the full year financial forecast including year to date actuals.
- Control and analyze balance sheet accounts through periodic reconciliations.
- Prepare and analyze annual budgets, including sales and cost detail at a material level, and department spending reports.
- Prepare labor and headcount reports and understand how to forecast and flex labor depending on volume.
- Prepare and analyze five-year plans to help determine strategic plans.
- Work with program management to provide financial analysis for potential new business.
- Track and report departmental spending, reporting variances to budgets and forecasts.
- Work with management team and Controller to prepare weekly flash.
- Provide financial analysis and follow up for process improvements and capital request expenditures.
- Interact with manufacturing staff to help achieve continuous improvement and identify cost reduction opportunities.
- Coordinate with accounting staff annual financial audit.
- Maintain Key Performance Metrics (KPM), including the measurements of Productivity Roadmap and operational efficiency metrics.
- Understand inventory analysis and assist with physical inventories and reconciliations.
- Understand standard cost structures and work with cost accountant to audit standard cost for all materials.
- Participation in the Layered Process Audit schedule.
- Participation in the Internal ISO/TS 16949 Audit schedule (applies only to certified ISO/TS 16949 internal auditors).
- Participation and cooperation in answering questions and providing information for internal and external audits regarding or related to ISO/TS 16949, VDA 6.3, and customer standards.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance or related field required, prefer master’s in accounting or business
- Three to six (3-6) years of accounting experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment with general accounting and cost accounting experience
- Strong background in budgeting, cost/variance analysis, and interpreting financial results
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent interpersonal & organizational skills;
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage priorities
- Ability to work independently and in cross-functional teams
- Understand manufacturing budgets and operations
- High level of computer literacy (SAP, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)