Lighting Vice President Product Development
About the Company:
This is a well-established, privately held, financially secure company that sells lighting fixtures into commercial and residential channels. They strive to provide the highest quality, most innovative LED lighting solutions.
This is a high energy, cutting edge company with a highly professional attitude. Employees are team players and have good job tenure, as well as ample opportunity to grow within the company.
About the Position:
The Vice President of Product Development works with global engineering resources, technology leaders and Product Managers to lead new product development & line extensions from concept through product life cycle. This position drives effective market research and develops product that aligns with customer needs. The role includes analyzing return on investment, recommending worthwhile product investments and overseeing the lifecycle process to ensure ROI of development initiatives are realized. As leader of the development process, this position drives global teams to meet product release deadlines.
This position will work cross functionally as well as having direct reports. This position offers a competitive base + bonus + a good benefits package.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required in Electronics/Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum of 15+ years global product development experience with lighting.
- Ability to travel internationally on a quarterly basis for 2-3 weeks at a time.
- Strong knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with Cad via Solid Works or Professional Engineer.
- Relocation to either Austin, TX or the greater New York City area.
About the right person for the job:
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organization and project management skills.
- Ability to meet tight and changing deadlines.
- Effective presentation skills and the ability to communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to drive directives through direct and non-direct reports.
- Attention to detail in composing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks/demands.