HR Generalist- Automotive Manufacturing
The Human Resources Generalist provides Human Resources support to the plant including Assembly, Press, Logistics, T&D, Maintenance, and the office area.
The Human Resource Generalist has responsibility for, but not limited to, auditing department personnel files, record keeping, assisting management with administering company policy, employee relations issues, and ensuring that the plant is managing in concert with the principles of the company.
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible to ensure that the Customer, People, and Investor goals are balanced and met.
The ideal candidate will have experience with the entire life cycle of recruiting (internal/external, exempt/non-exempt, onboarding and termination), experience in reporting and analytics, preferably within automotive manufacturing.
- Responsible for delivering of Human Resources activities to support the entire plant in the areas of responsibility, including the following:
- Recruitment and hiring: Posting internal/external, review candidates, schedule interviews, schedule follow-up feedback meetings for internal candidates. Assists as needed with the recruitment/administration of the apprenticeship program. Assists with maintenance of manpower vs. hiring requisitions.
- Support new hire orientation if needed on the off-shift.
- Provide leadership training to team leads/supervisors/managers.
- Provide support for set-up/administration of training classes on the off-shift.
- Support answering basic questions and collection of documents for FMLA and STD/LTD.
- Answer benefits questions and validate paperwork is complete for new hires, life events, and open enrollment and validate all supporting documentation of dependents is submitted.
- Assists managers/supervisors with eTime administration questions.
- Assists employees with basic payroll questions and follow-up with payroll administrator when needed and provide timely feedback back to the employee.
- Validate attendance corrective actions are being administered and assist managers/supervisors and employees with attendance questions.
- Provide suggestions and implement continuous improvement processes and procedures.
- Performance appraisals: train supervisors/managers, send out reminders, review appraisals, and track completion.
- Terminations/Lay-offs: Validate reason follows COMPANY policies, guidelines, practices, and procedures. Administer paperwork, data-entry, exit interviews, and notifications.
- Ensure pay progressions are entered correctly and in a timely manner.
- Maintains employee personnel files. Assists with maintaining filing accordingly.
- Deals with employee concerns with respect to job security, fair treatment, safe and healthy workplace, fair wages and benefits, equity participation, and communication of information.
- Assists supervisors and managers to ensure the fair and reasonable implementation of company policies and procedures, employment law, and maintaining the principles of the Employee’s Charter.
- Lead investigations in regards to harassment, workplace violence, and concerns of favoritism. Assists managers/supervisors with all other investigation actions needed, verify supporting documentation, and recommends corrective actions.
- Assist with the development and continual updating of company policies and interpretation, including employee handbook.
- Prepare and assist with employee related events.
- Maintains interaction and communication with government bodies, other organizations, and maintaining HR knowledge regarding changes in employment law.
- In conjunction with Manager, assists in the planning, implementation, and administration of key programs and activities,
- Maintains information needed for key performance indicators (KPI) tracking.
- Maintain data integrity in ADP by entering new hires, terminations, personal information updates/changes, promotions, and pay changes in systems accordingly.
- Perform other duties as required.
Knowledge and Education
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, major in Business Administration or Human Resource Management or other related field and 5+ years of Human Resources experience or an Associate’s Degree or equivalent in a related field with 7+ years of Human Resources experience.
- Must have employee relations experience heavily in investigations, corrective actions, and coaching supervisors/managers regarding employee issues.
- Must have experience working independently and have strong decision-making skills.
- Must have experience with escalation procedures and taking appropriate action quickly.
- Must be proficient with Word/Excel/Powerpoint & HRIS systems.
- Must have worked in an automotive or similar face paced manufacturing environment.
- Must have strong organizational, communication, and team player skills.