Work at an international Tier 1 supplier dedicated to the design, development and manufacture of metal automotive components.
The ideal candidate would have relevant Tier 1 experience in metal stamping and/or assembly.
Reports to Manager, Quality
Support the Quality Manager in the quality processes for the plant and customers issues.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Represent the quality function on technical support, in conjunction with other internal support groups, regarding issues affecting manufacturing;
- Helps initiate and approve supplier/customer production/process control activities and reviews for implementation and effectiveness;
- Provides guidance for quality control sampling system, procedures, APQP, PPAP and IMDS activities;
- Assist in managing, auditing and continuously improving TS16949 / IATF16949 systems and procedures;
- Direct Customer and Supplier liaisons for plant quality activities and concerns including scheduled visits;
- Help establish and maintain all quality documents, samples, customer contact, supplier development, production start - up, product launch, and correction of production variances and warrant analysis;
- Assists in setting standards for determining non-conforming materials and scrap review;
- Follows-up and responds to customer concerns with regards to quality;
- Plans and coordinates PPAP documentation and submissions;
- Assists with PFMEAs and APQP activities;
- Assists in the development of standardized work processes and process improvements;
- Assists in the implementation of ISO and TS/ IATF initiatives;
- Other activities as related to the scope of the position.
Education and experience:
- 3-5 years related automotive industry experience
- BS in Engineering, Industrial Technology, or other technical discipline plus 4 years quality experience in a stamping/robotic assembly environment;
- OR, AS: Engineering Technology plus 6 years of experience in a stamping/robotic assembly environment;
- OR, 8+ years of experience and training in a similar role and environment.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Strong knowledge of GD&T and SPC;
- Knowledge of quality tools/techniques (APQP, PPAP, ISO/TS, Problem Solving);
- Ability to work in a team-based lean manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of International Standard TS16949 / IATF 16949 Quality Management Systems at a multi plant level (QS-9000 as applicable for automotive sector). ISO9000 also a plus.
- Certification by the American Society for Quality (ASQ) as a Certified Quality Engineer (CQE), Certified Six Sigma Black Belt (CSSBB), or Certified Quality Manager (CQMgr) is preferred.
- Knowledge of manufacturing and quality practices and a hand on approach.
- Experience with quality improvement tools and techniques (i.e., Lean, Six Sigma, Statistical Process Control, and Failure Mode & Effects Analysis).
- Demonstrated leadership, project management, and facilitation and problem-solving skills.
- Must demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills.