The Applications Engineer will be responsible for designing custom lighting fixtures and systems and facilitating superior technical customer service.
- Design custom lighting fixtures and lighting system layouts
- Assist Contract Sales department in project definition
- Translate customer requirements into manufacturable designs
- Generate documentation including BOMs, shop drawings, and assembly instructions
- Train sales/marketing personnel on product specs and capabilities
- Troubleshoot field issues and provide feedback to quality engineering
- Work with a dynamic, highly-collaborative engineering team
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Design, or related field
- Basic knowledge of electrical systems and LED lighting circuits
- Experience with design for manufacturing, mechanical system design
- Strong SolidWorks skills, especially solid modeling and large assembly configuration
- SolidWorks Associate certificate or higher preferred
- Proficient in AutoCAD/DraftSight
- Knowledge of AutoDesk Revit preferred
- Committed and Disciplined
- Meticulous and detail-oriented
- Must have the ability to take initiative while also working collaboratively with engineering colleagues and contracts team
- Comfortable in a fast-paced and charged design environment
- Superior organizational skills with ability to multi-task, prioritize assignments, and meet tight deadlines.
Compensation: Competitive salary and benefits. This is a full-time position with benefits.