Commercial Project Lead
Our client, a Tier 1 automotive supplier south of Spartanburg, SC is looking for an experienced Commercial Project Lead with relevant experience in the automotive manufacturing environment.
Relocation and excellent benefits.
The Commercial Project Lead is the primary representative between the plant and the current customer base. The associate is responsible for all commercial affairs with the customer and communication of these dealings within the plant. This position is the “face” of the plant to the customer and therefore the associate must be professional, knowledgeable and accountable for all interactions with the customer.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that new and current commercial program goals are achieved as measured by EBIT and IRR targets.
- Work closely with the Plant Director and Troy Corporate Business Development team to secure profitable new business.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with current customers utilizing and understanding specific customer’s systems and processes.
- Prepare and present new business proposals to the Plant Director / Troy Corporate Business Development and customers as required.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of all program aspects (bill of materials, piece price, invest, etc.).
- Prepare accurate and prompt cost calculations, ensuring the commercial success of the program.
- Lead/manage all cost related issues with current customers and negotiate favorable terms, conditions, and premises on quotations.
- Maintain written records of all agreements and unresolved issues with customers.
- Compile and complete project summaries and periodic reports to customers and to the Plant Director / Business Development.
- Prepare and present all customer-specific paperwork.
- Responsible for customer Purchase Orders (initiation, tracking, closure, issue resolution and payment).
- Coordinate tool order Purchase Orders and work with Plant Finance and Sales to ensure timely collection of tooling receivables.
- Manage timelines of requested quotations.
- Attend all customer-relevant meetings, both internal and external.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all plant projects and production schedules.
- Support manufacturing in all aspects of the commercial side of the business.
- Track and support engineering changes.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA) from four-year college or university (commercially related degree is preferred)
- A minimum of three to five (3-5) years of previous commercial project experience in automotive manufacturing is preferred
- Knowledge of applicable laws, rules, regulations and/or policies and procedures
- Understanding of principles, theories, and practices of project management
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent customer relationship skills
- Excellent interpersonal & organizational skills;
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage priorities
- Ability to work independently and in cross-functional teams
- Understand manufacturing budgets and operations
- High level of computer literacy (SAP, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)