Automotive Quality Engineer
Work at a European automotive Tier 1 supplier with over 12,000 employees worldwide at their location in South Carolina. With multiple new launches on underway, they are looking for seasoned Quality Engineers to join their team.
The Quality Engineer is responsible for the APQP systems - plans, coordinates, and directs quality programs and activities designed to ensure quality control and quality assurance of the production of products consistent with established standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide Leadership, discipline, and support to ensure the highest safety, housekeeping (5S), and professionalism within the Quality department.
- Coordinate plant activities, and provide resources to manufacturing, maintenance and engineering and execution regarding designation of Special Characteristics, Customer Specific Requirements, SPC, Process Capability, and DOE.
- Directly responsible for QIP (Quality Improvement Plan) data and meeting facilitation.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance to CCC requirements.
- Oversee annual review/update of Flow Charts, Process FMEA, and Control Plans.
- Support IATF requirements and quality documentation.
- Responsible to communicate changes and quality updates for Lead Technicians.
- Ensure the PPAP process is initiated internally and externally, as defined by customer requirements for PPAP.
- Conduct Layered Process Audits, per required schedule.
- Directly responsible to keep updated on customer APQP requirements (ie. CAR reports, LPA’s, etc.).
- Act as a Liaison between the plant and customers on product quality issues.
- Directly responsible to initiate CAR’s and participate in CFT meetings to ensure closure in a timely manor (All open CAR’s to be tracked with the management team).
- Coordinate activities regarding Control of Non-conforming Product and Rework Product, including customer rejection/returns.
- Participate with lab testing activities for incoming product(s) and any third party tests as required.
- Maintain and perform calibration systems for Control of inspection, Measuring, and Test Equipment.
- Maintain calibrations for master calibration instruments.
- Perform quality engineering reviews of design documentation for compliance with quality
- requirements, including supplier quality manuals and company quality policies
- Apply statistical analysis for analyzing data to evaluate the current process or any process changes
- Review all data obtained during all quality assurance activities to ensure consistency with company policies and procedures
- Keeps management team abreast of significant issues or developments identified during quality activities and actions being taken to improve the situation.
- Directly responsible for updating R&R samples used for production qualification procedure.
- Implement/Support a product audit (random quality checks included but not limited to part quality and packaging specifications) program.
- Responsible for weekly/monthly product audits.
- Responsible for monthly reporting information related to Quality.
- Ensure compliance with all related IATF 16949 and ISO-14001 policies and procedures.
- Participate in plant wide communications, as necessary
- Assist other Autoneum plants, as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in technical or related field.
- ASQ Engineer Certification preferred.
- Minimum of five years experience dealing with Quality systems, procedures and practices for an automotive supplier in a manufacturing environment.
- Thorough understanding of TS 16949 and APQP procedures and requirements.
- Lean Manufacturing Experience (a plus)