New York, NY, 10001
Posted on 05/10/2019
- Outside sales calling on lighting designers, architects, electrical engineers, and commercial interiors designers specifying lighting for their projects.
- Creating brand and product awareness for represented manufacturers
- Presenting, promoting, educating and providing selection assistance to specifiers.
- We are seeking candidates with strong prospecting, communication and presentation skills.
- Related sales experience in the construction industry.
- Can have experience with any product calling on the A&D community.
- Knows how to read architectural plans.
- Has a passion for Lighting Design.
- College degree preferred.
- Experience in account development.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet Explorer.
- Located in the NYC area.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- Self Motivated. Outgoing. Aggressive. Entrepreneur.
- Be self-starter with the ability to prospect and create client lists through cold calling, face-to-face selling, phone, and Internet research.
- Organized, detail oriented with disciplined follow up habits.
- Strong intuitive instincts, the ability to read between the lines and to take anticipatory action.
- Comfortable adapting to products that change rapidly in technology, design and function.
- Possess excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to build relationship with clients and sell value and benefits of our products.
- Existing NYC contacts is a plus.
- Decisive and able to close the sale.Strong sense of urgency.
- Competitive salary and incentive plan commensurate with experience and knowledge.
- Comprehensive health care plan.
- 401K Plan with employer contribution and pension plan.
- Relaxed and fun work environment – great team culture!
- Uncapped income potential.
- Flexibility to set your own schedule.